Systems Engineering & Design
SST engineers apply modern Systems Engineering principles and tools across a broad range of projects/applications including ocean engineering projects, perimeter security systems, waterfront security, mooring and anchoring systems, subsea surveys, cable systems, subsea installations, marine handling systems, barrier systems, subsea inspection systems, sensor arrays, and more.
- SolidworksTM CAD design
- ANSYS AQWATM hydrodynamic modeling
- NEMOS – Net systems Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Survivability analysis
- Mooring system analysis design
- Laboratory/field testing
- Deployment & recovery modeling
- ArcGISTM mapping/spatial analysis
- MakaiLayTM cable installation
- Site surveys; bathymetric, sub-bottom, coring
- Cable fatigue analysis
- Cable testing
- Electrolysis/corrosion analysis
- Fiber optic performance
SST provided systems engineering, site survey, anchor and mooring analysis and design and mechanical design to the Lockheed Martin Ocean Thermal Energy (OTEC) pilot project for the US Navy.
SST designed the STAFAC vertical bistatic array moorings, installation and handling systems and oversaw the installation in the Tongue of the Ocean (4000 foot depth).