Wind resources tend to be greater further offshore. As wind energy systems move further offshore they are in deeper water which requires floating, moored structures. SST is in the forefront of this emerging technology.
- Wind resource assessment using LIDAR techniques
- Site selection
- System design
- Permitting support
- Site surveys
- GIS charting & analysis
- Loading, anchor & mooring systems
- Micropile anchor design
- Mooring system design
- Dynamic riser cable specification
- Transmissiong cable route planning
- Cable termination design
- Shore landing design and plan (HDD)
- Mechanical design
- Materials analysis
- Corrosion control
- Integration & test planning
- nstallation design, planning & support
- Maintenance planning
- Operations planning
The world’s first full-scale floating wind turbine, Hywind before deployment in the North Sea.
SST’s proprietary Micropile anchoring system promises to dramatically reduce mooring costs for Offshore Wind projects.
Greater wind resources are encouraging the industry to move further offshore